It’s been two years since the last PL-CALL conference in Krakow. A lot of things happened, including the UNICollaboration Conference 2018, which we hosted and some of you attended. Now is the time – or even high time – for PL-CALL 2019, which we would like to announce and invite you to.
When: 30-31 May 2019
The theme of the conference is CALL FOR BACKGROUND and the philosophy behind it is that when using computers in education, ideas other than ICT itself should be foregrounded. While we realise this is an obvious obviosity, we also think it cannot be emphasised enough.
This is why we invite papers showing how technology, backgrounded but still important, can enhance the following instructional approaches, methods and techniques:
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), including the integration of coding into the language class
- Project-Based Language Learning (PBLL)
- Individual differences in language learning
- Language learning for special purposes and needs (LSP, LSN)
- Civic education, digital citizenship and 21-st century skills in the language class
- Internationalisation of education, including language teacher and translator training
- Outdoor education and situated learning
- Arts and crafts in language learning
- Broadly-understood innovation in the language, teacher training and translation class
In order to register for the conference, fill in this form. You register with or without a paper. With means by 15 Jan 2019.
More detailed information – in the second circular, to be expected by mid-February 2019.
We look forward to seeing you in Krakow
PL-CALL Organising Team
- Anna Turula
- Joanna Pitura
- Małgorzata Łuszcz
- Łukasz Olesiak
- Ewa Zarzycka-Piskorz
- Natalia Góralczyk